https://www.whistlersoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/soccer-grid.jpg 492 684 WYSC https://www.whistlersoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Web-Logo-340x156-White-with-Blue-1-300x138.png WYSC2020-07-01 10:41:512020-07-02 08:58:25WYSC Return to Play plans released
WYSC Return to Play plans released
The Whistler Youth Soccer Club has received permission from BC Soccer and the provincial government to resume play this summer, following all COVID-19 safety restrictions as recommended.
To read the Return to Play plan in full, click here.
What parents and players need to know:
- Athletes will be playing on a grid field to enforce physical distancing, with a maximum of 20 players per session. All players will have their own balls, and there is no sharing of equipment, bags or snacks.
- U6 to U9 players must have a parent or guardian present to participate. For older players, there needs to be a 5:1 ratio of players to coaches to comply. We will be contacting parents to ensure we have enough volunteer coaches for each team.
- Balls and equipment will be sanitized.
- The practices will take place at Myrtle Philip fields. Players should arrive at the bottom parking area at the end of Balsam Way and Easy Street and wash hands in the washroom if it is open. Parents should walk with their players to the shed to be dropped off, where they will be asked to apply hand sanitizer and answer a few health-related questions.
- The focus for the practices is fitness and skills, both of which will need a bit of work after the spring session was canceled. There will be no heading or touching of the balls.
- At the end of the practice, kids will use hand sanitizer again before leaving via Myrtle Philip Community School (the upper lot) to avoid walking into kids arriving for the next session.
These measures will be in place until the next phase of Return to Play is approved by the province. The goal at this point is to resume games in the fall, but that will depend on how the first phase goes and overall COVID-19 numbers in the province. Please read the Return to Play plan to familiarize yourself with the details.