News and Announcements
Dear Members……WYSC has a position vacant for an Executive Head Coach. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.
EXECUTIVE HEAD COACH – Whistler Youth Soccer Club
If you’re passionate about soccer, have coaching experience and qualifications, and have the ability to lead and be responsible for coach development, training and support the Whistler Youth Soccer Club, we would like to hear from you.
• Assist with club strategic plans for coaching, team and player development and maintain the standard of Long Term Player Development (LTPD) as per guidelines of the Canadian Soccer Association (CSA)
• Assist in coach recruitment, selection and management
• Manage and oversee coach development, training and certification (based on BC Soccer) and provide development programs and resources
• Support coaches in short and long term team development and planning
• Develop and implement technical policies, procedures and manuals
• Recruit and manage additional part-time technical directors required to support seasonal programs
• Identify players for development and progression
• Oversee Rep & Travel Team selection process and House Team player distribution as per WYSC guidelines
• Act as technical liaison with other clubs and district, regional and provincial soccer organizations for player and team development and progression
This position is part-time, seasonal. Please respond immediately with certifications, qualifications and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WYSC is very proud to announce that Peter Shrimpton has been recognized by the BC Soccer Board of Directors as one of this year’s recipients of the 2012/2013 Award of Merit.
The Awards of Merit are presented to individuals in recognition of contributions to soccer, during a period of ten (10) or more years, as a player, manager, coach, official, or administrator at the club/league or district level.
Peter and his guest will attend the Awards and Scholarships Celebration on Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 4:30pm-9pm during the Vancouver Whitecaps vs. New England Revolution match at BC Place.
BC Soccer will recognize all award and scholarship winners in a formal presentation followed by hospitality in the presentation suite where they will enjoy the match!
Congratulations Peter, the WYSC Board appreciates your commitment to youth soccer in Whistler!
You can read more about Peter Shrimpton and the WYSC Club’s History here: http://whistlersoccer.teampages.com/clubs/1858/pages/64345
Please find attached the May 2013 – WYSC Members Newsletter.
Important information included:
- U7 and U9 – Outdoors – Sat 25th May
- U5 and Fundamentals – Sat 25th May
- Pro D Drop In Soccer Day
- PHOTO DAY – NEXT WEEK – Full uniform required
- Registration for 2013-14 OPEN ONLINE NOW – Earlybird rate until 15 June ONLY
- Registration for Summer Camps OPEN ONLINE NOW
Thanks and enjoy the sunshine!
The document May 2013 Members Newsletter was attached to this post.
Dear WYSC Players,
As you know we have recently been using the Tennis Club as a practice facility which is proving to be a benefit to both WYSC and the Tennis Club.
Currently they are offering an after school tennis program starting THIS WEEK.
After School Play Program (Kindergarten – Grade 7)
6 WEEK PROGRAM (May 21 – June 28)
A chance to continue working on skills learned in the schools program
with game play every lesson. Kids will be divided into groups based on age and skill level.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 3:45pm-5pm
Wednesdays 3:45pm – 5pm or 5pm-6:15pm
1 class per week $42/per 6 week session
2 classes per week $84/per 6 week session
MORE INFO AND TO BOOK: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=15445
It’s that time of year again…………Registration for the 2013-14 Soccer Season is now open online!
BOOK NOW to take advantage of the Earlybird Rate!
Earlybird Rate applies: May 15th – June 15th, 2013
Regular Rate applies: June 16th – June 30th, 2013
All registrations must be completed online no later than 30th June, 2013.
This ensures we have enough time to organize and plan for the new soccer year and also ensures your player a spot on a team and does not miss out! Unfortunately we can not guarantee space on a team for late registrations.
The club will undergo some changes next season so please read the 2013-14 Soccer Season – Important Announcement on the registration page prior to registering your player.
CLICK HERE for all Registration Information:
Thanks and a quick reminder that there is NO SOCCER THIS SATURDAY 18th MAY, due to the Victoria Day Long Weekend…….enjoy!