News and Announcements
Hats off to everyone today! You all played hard and had fun!
Thank you to all the parents and coaches who stepped up and helped coach the teams today in Mt Currie. We had a great turn out!
U6s enjoyed their first day on grass !
Have a great Sunday!
Xet̓ólacw Community School
200 Eagle Dr
Off of Hwy 99 in Pemberton
TURN LEFT onto Xit’ Olacw Road
Follow this up for approx. 3.3km
Turn RIGHT onto EAGLE Dr
Keep Right and the fields will be on your left
This Saturday May 26th game locations and times have changed. Games are now at new site fields in Mount Currie.
WE ARE NOT SENDING THE U6s. They will play at MYRTYL PHILIP FROM 9:00-10:00AM. There will be NO OTHER SOCCER in Whistler on Saturday.
Please pay attention to the north year – as teams will be organized according to them.
Please find and check in at the Whistler Soccer tent upon arrival at fields.
SHAPE OF THE DAY
Arrive at 9:00am.
Games start at 9:30 am once teams are organized by coaches. I have not been given exact game times.
2010 and 2011 COED Boys and Girls – 20 minutes halves / 7 aside.
2008 and 2009 COED Boys and Girls – 20 minute halves / 7 aside.
Arrive at 12 noon.
Games start at 12:30 as soon as teams are organized by coaches.
2007 COED Boys and Girls – 20 minute halves / 7 aside.
2004/2005/2006 Boys – 25 minute halves / 8 aside.
2004/2005/2006 Girls – 25 minute halves / 7 aside
BRING – Sunscreen, hats, chairs and water.
Weekly Soccer Update Monday May 21 – Sunday May 27
Reminder there are NO practices tonight Monday May 21.
Practices resume Tuesday May 22 at MP – Schedule link below.
2018 Spring Midweek Schedule – UPDATED 7 May, 2018
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – SATURDAY MAY 26th, 2018
I just received information from Pemberton that Mount Currie is holding a mini one day tournament next Saturday up at new site fields.
The information available at this time is:
This will be a one day tournament with teams playing 2-3 games each.
Younger groups to play first with U12 and up in the afternoon.
Still to be confirmed are U6.
AS SOON AS I HAVE MORE INFORMATION I WILL SEND IT OUT.
Please JOIN US on Tuesday 5 June 5:30pm at Millennium Place at the Council Meeting that will see the contracts awarded for this project! We are wanting to fill the room with support for this important project!
Please click the below link to read more!
As you know we have been working on and supporting the Artificial Turf Field Project for 5 years!
There are many reasons why we support this project, not only for soccer but for the whole community!
1. The RMOW should invest in community assets. Leading up to the Olympics and since the Olympics the vast majority of investments have been in tourism infrastructure. This is an opportunity to invest in our permanent local community.
2. Current sports fields need to be replaced. Our fields are in a state of disrepair. Like any other asset, sports fields get old and need to be replaced. It’s not surprising these 20 year old assets need to be replaced now, having had no significant repairs to date.
3. Current field user hours are well beyond their capacity. There is a massive misconception in the community that current fields are under-utilized… nothing could be further from the truth. The RMOW has had to move youth soccer off of the fields to play on baseball diamonds.
4. Replacement cost of the fields with grass or artificial turf are very similar. Replacement cost of the sports fields with a grass turf pitch would be similar in price and we would get 1/4 of the amount of user hours compared to an AT field.
5. An artificial turf field will save the RMOW in operating costs… every year. Field users of artificial turf are typically “user pay” so operations will be cost recovery method.
6. An artificial turf field has the ability to extend the field sports season by up to 3 months and 300 hours of evening play. The RMOW could build another 10 grass fields and not add those months and those hours because the useable season/day remains unchanged. 1 artificial turf field delivers what 10 or 100 grass fields will never deliver……… a longer day and a longer season.
7. There are lots of field users in Whistler! The WYSC club is the largest youth club in Whistler, however there are at least another 11 sports groups that use the fields. An AT Field would benefit the whole community.
8. User groups will fund raise to support the Artificial Turf Field Project.
For full information please see here: Field User Group Presentation – Feb 2017