Rep Team Try-Outs
WYSC will be holding its Rep Team Try Outs for the 2014-2015 season as per the schedule below.
All U13 to U18 players (girls and boys) from Pemberton, Squamish, and Whistler are invited to participate.
Because of the growing demand for year round soccer opportunities, WYSC would like to try to expand the number of rep teams registered in the lower mainland leagues.
This year, the emphasis will be on fun and flexibility.
To make it easier for coaches, parents and players to participate in a rep team, the club has made some modifications to the rules associated with rep teams.
• A rep team can be created from any age group if numbers permit.
• No divisions or age groups have been selected yet, nor coaches assigned.
• Depending on the players available, teams will be registered in the appropriate age group and at the appropriate level, ranging from bronze to gold.
• Players participating in other sports will be permitted to miss one training session per week and some games as well, allowing them to pursue their other passions or activities.
• In order to free up some weekends for players and families, only 14 players per team will travel to play games. Players can volunteer to stay home for certain weekends, and/or be rotated from week to week as necessary.
• Mid-week practice sessions will be run by head coach Phil Melun, and technical directors Mark Freeman and Hana Kratochvilova. They will be joined by special guest coaches, as well as the rep team coaches themselves. This format will allow the greatest exposure to a wide variety of coaching styles and techniques.
• Soccer training will follow the BC soccer LTPD guidelines in order to maximize player development. www.bcsoccer.net/long-term-player-development
Our club and technical team are very excited to have the opportunity to form new teams to play against other clubs in the lower mainland. We’d really like to have the greatest number of kids enjoying a fun and exciting soccer season…….creating lasting memories and team spirit, without any pressure.
Our goal is simply to keep soccer fun, while giving our players the best training we can.
For a more complete overview of WYSC Philosophies & Guidelines regarding Rep Teams please see the document attached.
All interested players are encouraged and requested to attend 2 try outs sessions. Please email Philippe Melun, Executive Head Coach if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL TRY OUTS WILL BE HELD AT BAYLY PARK IN CHEAKAMUS CROSSING. (Outdoor gravel field, cleats required, shin pads mandatory)
Monday 21 April 3:30-5pm – Girls Born 2001 & 2002
Monday 21 April 5-6:30pm – Girls Born 97, 98, 99, 2000
Thursday 24 April 3:30-5pm – Boys Born 2001 & 2002
Thursday 24 April 5pm-6:30pm – Boys Born 97, 98, 99, 2000
Monday 28 April 5-6:30pm – Girls Born 97, 98, 99
Thursday 1 May 5-6:30pm – Girls Born 2000, 2001 & 2002
Friday 2 May 5-6:30pm – Boys Born 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002****
*****BOYS born 2000, 2001, 2002 has been CHANGED to Wednesday 30 April 4:30-5:30pm
A brief outline of a Boys or Girls Rep Team Soccer Season is as follows:
•Practices start last week in August/first week in September subject to coach/player availability.
•Season runs September through to March. Teams are participating in the 4 Districts League (boys) so playing amongst teams all over the Lower Mainland.
•As we have snow on fields throughout the winter, we request that all our home games are scheduled to be played in the Fall, therefore having away games Dec/Jan/Feb.
•Our home field during the winter if required is Quest University turf field in Squamish.
•2 practices per week plus 1 game each weekend on Saturdays. Practices are outdoors during Fall until the snow flies then moves indoors to either SCCS, MP gym, Tennis Centre or High School gym (subject to date/time availability that is required). Day/Time of practice to be determined based on player/coach availability to ensure maximum attendance…..likely Mon/Wed or Tue/Thur.
•No games on long weekends, however coaches and players may choose to participate in additional Tournaments. Tournament entry fees are included in rep team fees. Travel expenses are additional.
•Break for 2 weeks over Christmas
•Uniform: Rep team players are all required to purchase a club track suit jacket and pants (approx. $100) and bag ($45). Coaches may require other items however will be based on team decision (hoodies, rain jackets etc)
•Attendance: this year, we plan to have the maximum number of players permitted on the roster (18) however teams play 11 vs 11, so likely only 14 players will travel to each game. This gives flexibility for other commitments, holidays and injuries etc.
The document WYSC Philosophies & Guidelines Document was attached to this post.