Dear Parents and Players,
It’s been a busy start to the soccer season making sure all coaches, preschool, house, rep and tournament team players have what they need to play ‘the beautiful game’.
Last week marked National Coaches Week and in the midst of all the organising I missed including it in last week’s soccer update.
So, WYSC will celebrate COACHES WEEK this coming week, so PLEASE be sure to check in with your players coach and thank them for the amazing job that they are doing with your children!
Our staff and volunteer coaches are dedicated and committed to making sure all players have FUN, learn new skills and are valued for their participation and commitment to the TEAM.
We live in a town that has many individual sporting options and we appreciate you giving your child the opportunity of being involved in such a great team sport!
Team sport helps kids develop:
• friendship and camaraderie
• cooperation and teamwork skills
• leadership skills
• appreciation of different abilities
• respect for team mates / opponents / officials
• a sense of belonging/team membership
• social interaction skills
• physical skills
• team goal-setting skills
• self-discipline, patience and persistence
• resilience through sharing positive and negative experiences
So please remember to THANK your coaches when you see them next……without them we would not exist!
Thanks and regards Mitch on behalf of WYSC Executive Board