Weekly Soccer Update (Mon 12-Sun 18 Sept)
Welcome back to soccer!
If you were not at soccer on the first Saturday, please CHECK-IN at the tent for team jersey issue this Saturday 17 September at Myrtle Philip BEFORE joining your group.
U8 Boys – ALL boys to check in at the tent UPON ARRIVAL and we will issue your jersey….there was so much going on this week, that your group got missed, sorry!
A huge shout out to the volunteer angels that stepped in and helped make a crazy day run as smoothly as possible………your help was much appreciated!
Learning from the best: Former Whitecaps captain Jay DeMerit (left) alongside former Canadian national team and German Bundesliga star Rob Friend who is originally from Kelowna.
For payments, uniform orders, jersey hand out etc.
Saturday 10 Sept 9-5pm
Sunday 11 Sept 12-2pm
Saturday 17 Sept 9-5pm
• Monday 12 September and Monday 19 September ONLY are at MYRTLE PHILIP FIELDS and NOT at Spruce Grove due to a field booking conflict. Monday ONLY for the next 2 weeks practice will be at MYRTLE PHILIP.
All other midweek practices (Tues-Fri) are at SPRUCE GROVE as per the schedule. All Divisions MIDWEEK Schedule http://www.whistlersoccer.com/clubs/1858/documents/147982
• Photo Day is scheduled for Sat 17 September and the weather looks good if the forecast is correct! Please ensure you are in full team uniform and follow your coach instructions. Photos will be at the beginning of sessions so please arrive 5-10 mins EARLY so that we can get on with soccer as soon as photos are done!
If the weather turns we will bump Photo Day to the following Saturday (weather permitting…..email will be sent with update
• Shin pads are MANDATORY for all players during practices AND games
• NO jewelry should be worn while playing soccer and hair should be tied back.
• If any U12 and older players have blue shorts that they are no longer using, please bring them to the shed as a donation. We are out of stock and new players can re-use these.
• U12 Boys and U12 Girls Team rosters are being finalized and will be emailed asap, HOWEVER all teams play at the same time/location this coming Saturday 17 September as follows:
U12 Boys – arrive at 12:15pm for 12:45pm KO at MP.
U12 Girls – arrive at 2pm for 2:30pm KO at MP.
• U10 DIVISION on Saturdays - REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE from all players and parents
AFTER your Saturday morning session which ends at 12:15pm, please assist coaches and help REMOVE ALL GOALS, BALLS AND CONES from the fields and back to the sheds. The fields need to be cleared and reset for U12 Games AND a U13 Boys REP Game with a team arriving from the city to play, we appreciate help from everyone to make sure this happens quickly and all personal items, bags, chairs, dogs etc are removed.
• Coaching – If you are interested in coaching please email email@example.com it’s not too late to sign up!
Mandatory Coaches Meetings
Monday 12 Sept 6-8pm for U12 Boys and U12 Girls Coaches – LOCATION: MYRTLE PHILIP FIELDS
Tuesday 13 Sept 6-8pm for U6 and U8 Boys and Girls Coaches – LOCATION: SPRUCE GROVE FIELDS
Wednesday 14 Sept 6-8pm for U9/U10 Boys and U10 Girls Coaches – LOCATION: SPRUCE GROVE FIELDS
Sessions will be on field (weather permitting) and will include theory, practical, session planning and team organization etc. Bring indoor/outdoor shoes and gear.
If you are UNABLE to attend please let us know, otherwise we will plan for your attendance.
• SAVE THE DATE – Saturday 22 October – 6PM – WYSC 20th Anniversary Gala Dinner Event
All players and parents are invited to attend.
– all parents please ensure you and your children are aware of the following:
• Dogs MUST be on leash at all times (every year we throw away many balls that dogs have punctured)
• Bikes and chariots parked in bike racks (NO bikes on/near playing fields as they pose a safety risk for players and referees)
• ALL PARENTS please ensure NO CHILDREN are:
• playing or swinging on goals
• Climbing on baseball diamond fencing or perimeter fencing
This is extremely dangerous as they are not secure and it also damages the equipment.
• All players should assist with clearing equipment from fields at the end of practice sessions. We have a lot of equipment to setup/pack up, so if everyone pickups a couple of things it is quick and easy. (Check with coaches if you are not sure what needs to be done).
• Balls OFTEN get kicked into the forest….. if you see any, please retrieve them! If you see a player kick a ball into the forest, please encourage them to go and get it…..this is the standard rule on field, so your help to encourage this practice helps remind them what is appropriate.
• NO SPECTATORS are to be in the area between the 2 half fields when set up for U12 games and/or between MP7 and MP8 when full sided games are playing. This space is reserved for players, coaches and referees ONLY. Parents and spectators are to be on the outside edges of the field.
It is too congested and creates a hazard for players, referees and those watching. Please use the bleachers or the far side of either of the fields when watching.
Please help by reminding others that this rule applies and go to the outside edges so that coaches and referees don’t have to ask you to move.
The coaches need to coach, the referees need to referee and parents need to watch from the outer edges of the field, so the narrow strip between the fields is not congested.
If you are not sure, please ask and/or follow the signage that should be on field.
If you are interested in watching some higher level soccer games (U13 and older) and supporting any of our rep teams on the sidelines, the following home game times apply. Boys teams playing in the 4 District League and girls teams playing in the BCCGSL (BC Coastal Girls Soccer League) will travel to Whistler to play our teams as follows:
Sundays from now until Sunday 2 October: U17 Girls 11am kickoff, U15 Girls 1pm kickoff and U13 Girls 3pm kickoff at Myrtle Philip
Our boys’ teams will have home games in Whistler as follows:
U13 Boys – Sat 24 Sept and Sat 15 Oct 12:45pm kickoff
U14 Boys – Sat 17 Sept and Sat 22 Oct 2pm kickoff
SCAT 3 Baseline Testing
Back In Action Physiotherapy offers a tiered screening service and are qualified to offer all tests and can help you decide what is best for your player regarding Baseline Concussion Testing.
Call Back In Action Physiotherapy directly to book an appointment.
Address: 119-4368 Main St, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Phone: (604) 962-0555
****Having valuable data collected annually in the event of a concussion is an extremely valuable tool and will assist with your recovery process****